UGH MOMENTS — Don’t read or follow these “tips”. I’ll tell you why.
1. Don’t buy an expensive phone. A new version will come out even
before you’ve finished paying for it.
2. Don’t buy an expensive bag. Replicas are scattered everywhere. Only a trained eye will see that it’s genuine.
3. Don’t buy expensive shoes. You can’t walk like a duck trying to keep it from deforming with every use.
4. Don’t buy expensive clothing. You can’t walk around showing the
small tag behind your nape.
5. Don’t buy an expensive watch. A 100-peso vintage watch online looks good too, and all kinds will tell the same time.
6. Don’t buy expensive undergarments. It’s not allowed to walk in
public wearing only Victoria’s Secret bra and panties.
7. Don’t buy expensive cars. It depreciates with every kilometer it runs. Your 1.2 Million-Peso SUV will sell for only 500K.
8. Don’t buy a huge house. Too much space creates distance between
family members. They’ll grow old and leave anyway.
9. Always settle for the justified price. You can do more with two for
the price of one.
10. Remember that it’s not the brand that carries you. It’s how you carry the brand.Grow old wise. Grow old happy.
^^^ I read this somewhere. Sorry, doing all of those don’t make you “wise and happy“. Lots of poor people die broke and sad.
Guest what–You don’t need to be frugal or to be minimalist to be happy.
You don’t need to declutter. You don’t need to live in a mountain with no
Buy that expensive bag because it lasts longer.
Buy the huge house because appropriate space makes your brain breathe and operate better when your home is a wonderful place to “come home” to. Space doesn’t create distance, emotions and indifference do.
Buy expensive shoes and clothes because they look good on you,
compliment your eyes, or because they’re super comfortable, you show
up being at your best.
Buy the expensive underwear because you believe it makes lovemaking more special.
Buy the brand if it’s a trophy of some sort, a reminder of your good hard work.
You just need to be okay with what you want, do no harm to others, and make honest, good money. You don’t need to justify wanting anything.
Especially on social media!
Buy the Rolex watch, the Lamborghini, and the Hermes bag. Don’t let
other people weaponize fake humility by making you feel bad about wanting and buying stuff.
Tell them to fuck off and tell them there is more to life than unnuanced
gaslighting and virtue signalling