Like most of us, acne was my worst teenage enemy. Know that feeling of wanting to sell your soul to the demons if only the huge zit on your forehead disappears before a date? Yeah, I get that. And that has happened to me a little too many times. Thanks to the fact that I was a nerd; I read up thousands of articles on how to beat acne and the principles really are simple. Cleanse, protect and treat. If you want to be more specific, here are a few REALLY EASY tried-and-tested ways:
1. Cleanse your face and body twice a day, once in the morning and once before you sleep.
2. Use facial wash that’s appropriate for your skin type. The skin can be classified into 3 types: oily, combination, normal and dry. Combination means oily on the T-zone (nose, forehead and chin) and normal for the rest of the face. If you have acne-prone skin, I would recommend a special regimen such as that of Proactiv. Imagine, they have a “clear skin guarantee“. Nothing has ever beaten that.
3. Clean everything that touches your skin. Cut phone time. Change your sheets every two weeks. Keep your hair off your skin.
4. Drink plenty of water. It works. Try it and you’ll see the difference.
5. Get at last 6-8 hours of sleep everyday. Basic. Works everytime.
6. Sleep is the time when your skin rejuvenates and repairs. Boost this by using night creams. If you’re still on your 20s, moisturizing cream is fine. If you’re beyond 30, I would recommend an anti-aging one. For your body, lotion will do.
I am currently raving about Proactiv’s Deep Cleansing Wash. Proactiv brings with them their sparkling reputation on acne treatment and is now raising the bar by giving away a FREE DEEP CLEANSING KIT along with their famous 3-step bundle (cleanser, toner, treatment). Deep cleansing medicated body wash fights acne on your back, chest & shoulders – everywhere. This all-purpose wash is specially formulated for face & body whenever acne breakouts occur. It helps unclog and reduces oiliness while preventing future breakouts. It’s great to leave in the shower and use on your face, chest and back after exercising. Also, it is formulated to clear blemishes on the ENTIRE body. Now you can finally wear that halter/swimsuit/short shorts that you’ve been lusting for so long!
Imagine, along with the cleanser, toner and treatment, Proactiv is throwing in their Deep Cleansing wash that’s usually worth P650. It’s key ingredients are Salicylid Acid (2%) and Camelia Oleifera Seed Extract and Aloe Barbadensis Gel, which are gentle botanicals that are known to soothe and heal skin. If you’re wondering where to get Proactiv, here’s where you should head:
a. All Watsons’ outlets or SM Department Store branches
b. Door to Door Delivery Hotlines (729-2222, 1-800-8-729-8888, 1-800-10-889-4444, 0917-801-8888)
c. Proactiv mall kiosks located in:
Glorietta, Ground Floor | Trinoma, 2nd Floor
Robinsons Galleria, 3rd Floor | Marquee Mall, Ground Floor
You better hurry coz this promo will only run from October 15 until December 31, 2012 only.
HOW ABOUT YOU? HOW did you beat acne? Share your tips! 🙂