It’s only a week before Mother’s Day. Have you decided about what to give your mom yet? Well, if you haven’t, today is your lucky day. We’ve got 5 surefire ways to make her day extra special. Remember that this is the only day in the year that you can officially—hence you must be pressured—make all about her! Check out these gifts for the one person who may have trouble carrying you in her womb, giving birth to you and raising you…but never in loving you.
1. Adventure Treat – Indulge your mom in an unbelievably fun adrenaline rush by treating her to thrill-filled activities such as parasailing, white water rafting, a zorv ball ride or even through the more “mainstream” zipline. The best part? You don’t need to go out of town or spend thousands to enjoy these activities. Check out www.psdadventureworld.com for a couple of fun choices that’s fit for the entire family! It’s gonna be an experience of a lifetime.
2. Let Flowers Do the Talking – Did you know that the feel-good effect of giving flowers can last for up to 5 times longer than the actual life span of the flowers! Extend Mother’s Day this way! A bouquet of fresh flowers will surely make your mom smile from scalp to scalp. She might even shed a tear or two…in a good way, of course. Bonus tip: If you find it too tasking to pick the flowers from an actual shop, there are many online bouquet sellers who have packages that are all-in, with decor, arrangement, gift tag and some of them even come with free delivery. Check out FB Page Gifts Davao Bouquets for your design choices.
3. A Meal Fit for a Mother – If you add up all the meals that your mom has prepared for you in this lifetime, surely it’s enough to feed an army. And boy, that’s just how much your mom loves you! Return the favor by preparing an extra special, detail-heavy breakfast and surprise her in the morning. You might need to connive with your dad and siblings for this. Score yummy, easy, time-efficient meals through Youtube tutorials or online recipes from food blogs.
4. All That Sparkles – Spent thousands for a vacation? A pair of shoes? The latest gadget? Don’t scrimp on your mom’s gift this Mother’s Day by giving her something that sparkles. And yes, what you’re thinking is correct: jewelry. Not saying that your mom is a material girl but giving a woman jewelry says that she’s extra special to you and that her existence makes your world a little sparklier. Oh, you know what I mean!
5. Mommy’s Day Off – It may sound ironic but the best way for your mom to celebrate Mother’s day could just be by NOT being a mother! Make this day all about her by taking away all the regular mommy duties from her such as chores and even staying with you. Book her a spa retreat (with your dad or with her girl best friend is good too) or a shopping spree (with budget, of course). If you don’t want to spend a lot, here’s another pro tip: make her “We love you Mommy” coupons that work like gift checks. You can label it with certain day-offs like “laundry-free day” or “30 minute foot massage”. These are gifts that you can actually give yourself, without having to spend a dime! or you could look up some pressure washer reviews and get one to clean the exterior of the house for your mom. What a way to extend Mother’s Day!
Got more ideas for Mother’s Day? Keep ‘em coming! Advance Happy Mother’s Day to your mom!