Something fresh is coming to Davao this Saturday, March 31, 2012. Guys, make way for HIPHOUSE. It’s THE ULTIMATE GATHERING of artists, writers, musicians, photographers, stylists, and fellow creative/indie types come together to create an art orgy. Now don’t get too excited there. This is absolutely wholesome. (I’ll talk about the alcohol later. Or maybe never. Or UGH just come to the event.) Basically, we just hang out. And go where the music, the images and the conversations take us.
This gathering features the following Davao-based, Davao-bred artists who already carved their own place in the industry:
– A lovely live set by Guitar-Picking Pixie JAD MONTENEGRO
– A crap-tastic laptop DJ set by Miss Mixtape CHEEKIE ALBAY
– On-site hipster photography by L’extraordinaire Lensman BAGSY FIOLA
– Swanky DIY set design by anyone who can bring mats, lights, and other handy odds and ends
– Stimulating conversations on life, art, society, and yes, even local showbiz’s fascinating headlines
– Whatever you wanna do, really–no bouncers, ballistic parents, or bad vibes here
NO DOOR CHARGE! This is purely for the spirit and not for the wallet. *wink* But please prepare a bit of money for the studio rent, which will be divided equally amongst the event organizers (P600 for the first four hours, P150 for every additional hour fellas). If you want to foot the entire bill, we might just devote a few seconds to worship you. If you’re good looking…I’ll make you a shrine.
Everyone is welcome to BRING FOOD AND DRINKS to feed the expected burgeoning army.
Head to the empty third floor studio at Southspot Studios along Anda St. The future of Davao’s alterna-underground spirit awaits! 🙂