It hurts but I’d like to think it’s worth it.- Bitch Varsity Captain WAYS I HURT MYSELF FOR BEAUTY (AND FASHION)
1. Wearing an embellished hair band which glistens beautifully in the sunlight and keeps the hair off my face…which also presses too hard at the space below my ear. So I had to take it off everytime I’m having a headache.
2. Wearing 4- to 5-inch heels. They had to look fabulous, though. Once in a while, I go to the bathroom to massage my feet. It sucks coz I have to do it for work and to win that first-impression powerplay.
3. Wearing belts to cinch my waist which eventually tighten when I’m full. I just sit straight so it doesn’t hurt as much. Or I don’t eat as much. Godhelpme.
4. Waxing (and threading). God, it hurts so damn much. But I’m pretty OC about this. It’s definitely worth it.
5. Curling my lashes. Sometimes I tend to pull too hard or press too hard. One time, I was applying my makeup inside a moving car and when it hit a hump while I was curling my lashes, ALL MY LASHES WENT OFF! What a truly eye-opening/ WTF moment.
6. Not eating. No explanation needed.
7. Wearing a Corset. In my defense, I only tried it once. And yeah, there’s a reason why I only tried it once. Haha.
Some people (esp men) might say that these are mostly nonsense but there are others who’ve tried foot binding, corsets, plastic surgery, braces and other more painful, hassle-laden things that we do in the name of beauty. Bejeezus.