Last week was a tough week for hardcore partygoers. As you know, a party organizer was revoked of her license. But that’s not the end, of course. There are still parties lined up for the party-hyper Dabawenyos and truly, our mayor was right, there’s no stopping the kids from partying.
However, we all know that partying, staying up late and loading on alcohol is not good for your skin. That is why we developed this list of post-party skin rejuvenation tactics to help you fake a good night’s sleep.
- As soon as you arrive home or on your way home at the car, if you’re too tired to wash your face, at least use wet wipes to wipe your makeup, sweat residue and maybe other alcoholic liquids on your face. Try your very best to do this. You’ll have an easier ride the morning after, and you will thank yourself for doing so. Of course, if you still have the energy to wash your face, do so.
- In the morning, wash your face with cold water. If possible, get cold water from the fridge and wash your face with it. Sometimes the early morning cold tap water isn’t enough. The cold will reduce the puffiness of your eyes and face. It also lessens the size of your pores so it lets your moisturizer/ primer/ sunblock glide easily.
- After washing your face with cold water, drink at least 2 glasses of water to help hydrate your body from within. If you feel extra tired, drink a sports beverage. After a night of an alcohol binge, you lose a lot of water so you have to replenish it as soon as you can. To maximize the effects of internal hydration, drink Vitamin C and/or Vitamin B supplements to help you recover faster.
- Now that you’re hydrated from within, it’s time to hydrate from the outside. Pick a super moisturizer and apply it on your face and neck. Make sure you don’t miss out on the small spots. If you haven’t picked a moisturizer yet, pick the ones which are non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores), hypoallergenic and light on your skin. I personally recommend multitasker moisturizers like BB Creams and tinted moisturizers that pack additional sun protection, even out your skin tone, and prime your skin for makeup.
- To top off your look, use the power of subtle makeup. Use white eye pencil and line your eyes with it. This “wakes up” your eyes because it fakes a wider space for its white area. After that, groom and line your brows well to fake a put-together look. Lastly, use nude lipstick and light blush to give off a healthy vibe. Fix your hair and apply a spritz of perfume to complete the I-swear-I-don’t-have-a-hangover look.
Now that Kadayawan’s heading near, parties are going to be all over town. I hope you can go to as many parties as possible, have as much fun as you can, but still look gorgeous the morning after! See you around! 😀