They say that the normal Dabawenyo is thrifty. Kuripot. But what we usually don’t scrimp out on is this: FOOD.
Lately, we all noticed homegrown brands gain a loyal following and what’s more, some of them have even been making waves in the online world due to becoming tourist must-try food stops. These go from small-time homebased pastry makers to concept restaurants opening in malls such as Abreeza and SM Lanang Premier. Indeed, our food artisans have gone a long way.
To celebrate this, Abreeza hosts Artisan Food Fair, a gathering of culinary superstars in Davao city. It will run for 4 weekends, starting this coming November 23-25 ’til the 3rd weekend of December. Since this is a special night event the food fair will be open for the public from 9PM to 2AM. Excited already? Here’s a rough list of the exhibitors for the Artisan Food Fair:
1. Sweet Spot Artisan Ice Cream – Davao’s first and finest artisan ice cream will be delighting the public with their cold treats made from the freshest produce. Flavors to be served: Mangomazing, Durian Dynamite, Crazy Bananut, Mt. Apo Coffee Rush, Davao Tsokolate, Cookie Monster, Dragonfruit and their special Durian Crocodile ice cream.
2. Aloha Organic Garden – The first of its kind in Davao city, Aloha uses organic herbs from their home garden to whip up their yummy organic marinades that clothe their australian beef rump, wagyu beef bbq, pork steak and their legendary isaw! One stick and you’ll be hooked!
3. Wings and Dips – Our favorite wings and dips place from that cozy white resto in Mabini now hits Abreeza with their repertoire of flavorful chicken wings and their different dips (Blue Cheese, Lemon Mayo, Tartar, Wasabi Mayo and Honey Mustard). Let’s hope they’ll also serve their yummy pasta dishes!
4. Little Seoul – Grab a taste of Korea with bite-sized treats from Little Seoul.
5. The Curious Baker – Curiosity goes a long way for this baker. Check out their wide pastry selection.
6. Dimsum Xperiment – Who’s up for some Chinese food overload? You better head to Abreeza tomorrow to have your fill.
7. Crispy All – Every beer lover’s dream come true! Crispy All will be serving lip-smackin’ crispy fried products such as crispy pata, chicharon bulaklak, crispy tuna, belly and buntot.
8. Hollywood Burgers – Known for juicy patties thrown in soft buns with all the toppings any burger lover has dreamed about, Hollywood Burgers tops the list of best burgers in Davao city. Originally settled in that Hollywood-themed place at The Peak, Gaisano Mall, it’s definitely A lot of my friends agree with me.
9. De Boerderij – Have a very Dutch after dinner snack with De Boerderij’s burgers and fries.
10. Guv Nutrifries – Our all-time favorite french fries gets a healthy makeover. Guv Nutrifries are made from bananas but they taste and look like your good old potato fries.
The Artisan Food Fair is truly designed to make you stay because there will be acoustic performances by Skeights’ lead vocalist Stephen Cadelina and San Miguel Beer will also join in the fun by serving ice cold beer all throughout the night. Dining tables are dotted in between the stalls and the stage. Come to Abreeza’s Boardwalk area and let’s all delight in Davao’s artisan food scene! See you! 🙂